New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Secondary Fermentation Process

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
hopspop1176
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Secondary Fermentation Process

Just transferred our our third kit (Kolsch) into the secondary yesterday. Our OG was 1.045 and our FG was 1.005. We had 2 days of active bubbling in the Primary then it stopped bubbling. We left it in the Primary for 7 days total. My question is how much more fermentation is taking place? We plan on bottling in 7 days per the instructions with the kit.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2657 Times on 1602 Posts
Likes Given: 3445

No fermentation should be happening in secondary, unless you added fruit or more sugar to it.

Read this and the accompanying links for information about the use of secondaries.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
hopspop1176
Recipes 

Thanks Revvy. Read the threads and found them very informative. My next batch is going to sit in the primary for 2 weeks and we'll see how it comes out.

Quick Reply