Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Round chest freezers I saw at grocery store would make cool fermentation chamber

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
tgreene7
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Round chest freezers I saw at grocery store would make cool fermentation chamber

I saw these at the local grocery and thought how cool would that be. One of them looked a tad short, but the other one was taller because it had a collar built into it. I am sure they are too high right now, but down the road these things will show up on the used market, craigslist, etc...If they were cheap enough I could really see using this to ferment and lager in.

photo.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
H-ost
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 108

I have a RedBull fridge like those. The height of the shelf doesn't let you fit carboys in them, but a pail might. I was just planning on gutting it for it's internals and make ferm chamber with them. I have yet to get around to it though.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply