I made a massive RIS last month. Started at 1.098. I pitched a 2L stir plate starter of WY1335. The starter spent 3 days swirling.
I took a reading and its only down to 1.041, four weeks in. I plan on waiting another week and then take another reading. I know the yeast I used isn't the most alcohol tolerant. Its been at 63F for the duration of primary. My target is 1.024-1.028. Then bulk age six months. Then bottle.
My question is- if the next gravity reading I take shows no change, should I re-pitch with 05 or pacman, let it attenuate and then bulk age? I've also read that this will not work and that I need a cleaned yeast cake to move the beer onto because of the alcohol content (moving it 3 times seems like a risky move, oxygen wise)
I know I'm a little premature with the question, since I'm going to wait another week to make my decision but I'd like to hear from some folks before then in case I need a contingency plan.