Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Repitching S-04 ?!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #11
hector
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
it could also be the water you're using, are the brews water-y or are you actually tasting your water in the beer? (like does the beer taste a lot like the water you use?)
I meant , if that was because of caramelizing and so on , then it should have tasted sweet to some extent . But , it was always watery .

Although , it was for 3 Weeks in the Primary and then bottle conditioned for 5 Weeks .

I was also suspicious of distilled water which I used by my previous batches . Therefore , I used spring water for brewing the existing batch .

Hector

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1074 Times on 782 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
I was also suspicious of distilled water which I used by my previous batches . Therefore , I used spring water for brewing the existing batch .

Hector
spring water's great, i use it a lot for lighter beers. distilled, i'd stay away from unless i was adding minerals to the distilled to replicate some region's water.
when i first started, i had some beers come out water-y, in my case it was due to over carbing my brews, i was using the 5 oz that come with kits, or just doing 5 oz when i didn't use a kit. i've since found out that 5 oz is a lot for 5 gal of most styles of beer, started using a priming calc to get the right amount of sugar for the batch and the water-y flavor has not since surfaced.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #13
hector
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
when i first started, i had some beers come out water-y, in my case it was due to over carbing my brews
I always use calculators to determine how much Dextrose I need for priming . I started with 2 ( as the Volume of CO2 in the Beer ) , then by the next batch I went up to 2.2 and by the third batch went up to 2.4 and THAT was a satisfying carbonation for me , however , the Beer didn't have a good body .

Anyway , I'll try to rouse the yeast cake as the fermentation slows down ( probably on Sunday evening ) and hope it will work for me this time .

Hector

Quick Reply