Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Refrigerator with A19 still too warm

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
xxdurhamxx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Refrigerator with A19 still too warm

So recently I acquired the ever popular Johnson A19 temperature controller. Being in east Texas I only have need for cooling my fermenters. I have the controller equipped on a standup fridge with four five gallon fermenters inside. My probe is attached to one of the buckets with a tightly taped piece of foam pipe insulation over it. I have had my temp set to 65 with a 2 degree differential for three days now and my probe has consistently read 69 degrees. Thus my fridge has been working non-stop to no avail in dropping the vessel temperature to my desired level. Should I look to place some frozen water jugs of something along those lines to help my fridge out with dropping the temp of all this wort? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply