*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Racking with limited equipment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #11
scubastan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hmmm I recenetly fermented in a homer bucket from home depot and it worked just fine but I freaked out after the first 48hours because their was no airlock activity. Found out the lid is not air tight because it does not have a gasket. Would this be a problem if you used it as a secondary?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
tre9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubastan View Post
Hmmm I recenetly fermented in a homer bucket from home depot and it worked just fine but I freaked out after the first 48hours because their was no airlock activity. Found out the lid is not air tight because it does not have a gasket. Would this be a problem if you used it as a secondary?
I'm doing it right now. I think as long as the bucket is filled all the way up there will be just enough pressure to keep most critters out. Adding the airtight lid (with gasket and screw-on top) is a good idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply