Quick fermentation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlafnitzegger

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 carboys that have been fermenting for 2 weeks now. Recipe calls for 3 week fermentation. I have only one fridge for temp control which these fermenters have been in since brewing.

Question; I want to brew tomorrow. Will it affect the current fermenters\taste of beer if I move these 2 out of temp control for the final week? Temp controls has been at 65f and outside it ranges from 68f to 71f.

Also it is a christmas ale OG at 1.078 and I used sa05.

Thanks for any insight...

If active fermentation is over I say go for it. If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside you can always throw together a swamp cooler.

Fermentation is done by now. Take a gravity reading to make sure. If it is then you can let it sit at room temp. The issue with yeast is that during fermentation if temp is too high it creates off flavor. If the yeast has gone inactive then there will be no harm. I would say do it and you will be fine.

After two weeks, fermentation should be finished and moving your fermenters to a slightly warmer spot should be trouble free. The only thing to not take for granted are your F.G hydrometer readings.

Back