The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Pushing time frame for competition.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
PHBalanced
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Pushing time frame for competition.

Alright, I need some input. I am unexpectedly able to brew my no longer black ipa this evening. This is also the beer I have been bummed about not being able to get into the State Fair as it has been judged the past 2 years. Knowing that state fair drop off is no later than Aug. 4th The problem comes in when I learned today that next tues - fri and all the following week I will be in Eau Claire for training for the new job. I could push the brewing timeline really tight as follows:

Brew tonight, est OG 1.077. Pitch notty (no starter but I can bloom it in warm water) in temp controlled fridge at 68 degrees.
Add 2.5 oz dry hop on Monday evening before I leave town.
Bottle Sunday the 29th.
Deliver to Northern Saturday the 4th.
This is grain to bottle in 10 days..........eek. But would have 3 weeks carb time.

I could brew tonight.
Dry hop Saturday the 28th.
Bottle Friday the 3rd.
Deliver Saturday the 4th.
This puts me at only 2 weeks bottled before judging AND there is always that slim chance of bottle bombs while sitting in storage at northern etc...

Thoughts?

You buy your smack pack at lunch, as well as some DME for starters. Get back in your car, smack it likes it's SWMBO's ass"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmium View Post
"SHIMMY!!!!" (aussie for f***kin awesome)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexLaw View Post
You know you're a homebrewer when you tell what hops are in a fart.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply