Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Possibly ruined beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
bball3414
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Possibly ruined beer?

Hey,
So I think I just made a major boo boo with a beer. I have had it sitting in a primary for a little over a month now. Had a blow off tube going into a growler that had starsan in it. I just moved the fermenter and the growler.... however, I somehow managed to change the pressure differences and some of the starsan-blowoff liquid shot straight into the fermenter.... easily a few ounces.

What do you think... is it safe to even try and bottle/keg this beer? Or, should I just dump it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2774 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3486

Yes. I'm sure it's fine. It's a lot harder to ruin your beer, than that, which happens to all of us at one time or another.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
bball3414
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Ahh... well, I hope you are right!
I am going to transfer it onto some oak chips and bourbon for awhile too. Hopefully, that will hide any off flavors that may come of this mishap!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2774 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3486

Read this thread, you'll see how we've all done much worse to our beer and it survived....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 AM   #5
bball3414
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Haha thanks! I don't feel as bad now!

Quick Reply