Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Please help!! Is it fermenting or ruined??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #21
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2727 Times on 1635 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

OK Thantos, that just makes me thirsty. So whatcha got in those three beauties?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #22
ara35
Recipes 

I apologize Chesire,
i came into work and saw about 7 responses and it didnt really hit me like the whole doctor comparison did. apologies

Old 08-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #23
thantos

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
OK Thantos, that just makes me thirsty. So whatcha got in those three beauties?
From left to right, Belgian Wit, Heavy Stout, And my experimental American Amber Ale. The AAA has been broken down into 5 one gallon batches for a dry hop experiment I am doing!

"I love the Devil, Cause the Devil is Rock n Roll ! ! !"

Old 08-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #24
riromero
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Just to chime in here... There's a certain masochism to brewing; the waiting in the face of uncertainty is excruciating, particularly the first few times. But it's an excellent opportunity to exercise your Iron Will. Don't buy the extra yeast. Don't check the gravity every hour. Don't revisit over and over the mistakes you may have made in the process. Prepare yourself mentally for the 3 week bottle conditioning that will stretch your willpower to the breaking point. Give your friends all your bottle openers and tell them not to return them for a month no matter what you say. Embrace the torture. Wait serenely. Compared to this, quitting smoking is a cake walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ara35 View Post
I apologize Chesire,
i came into work and saw about 7 responses and it didnt really hit me like the whole doctor comparison did. apologies

Old 08-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #25
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riromero View Post
Just to chime in here... There's a certain masochism to brewing; the waiting in the face of uncertainty is excruciating, particularly the first few times. But it's an excellent opportunity to exercise your Iron Will. Don't buy the extra yeast. Don't check the gravity every hour. Don't revisit over and over the mistakes you may have made in the process. Prepare yourself mentally for the 3 week bottle conditioning that will stretch your willpower to the breaking point. Give your friends all your bottle openers and tell them not to return them for a month no matter what you say. Embrace the torture. Wait serenely. Compared to this, quitting smoking is a cake walk.
Wow....a combination of Zen Calm and Opus Dei self flagellation...

I'm impressed.

I would have gone for a more rdwhahb vibe, but this works too!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #26
ara35
Recipes 

well it was at about 2 bubbles per second when i put the bubble counter on, was a s.g. of 1.020 (starting was 1.050) and it actually tastes pretty legit for only being 3 days in. i am happy to say it seems to be properly fermenting!

Old 08-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #27
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ara35 View Post
well it was at about 2 bubbles per second when i put the bubble counter on, was a s.g. of 1.020 (starting was 1.050) and it actually tastes pretty legit for only being 3 days in. i am happy to say it seems to be properly fermenting!
They usually are!!

Quick Reply