So I decided to brew a hard cherry limeade this evening. As I am cooling down the "wort" I go to measure out the Yeast Energizer and Nutrient only to realize that they are both not at my home and I cannot retrieve them until tomorrow evening. I am wondering whether I should go ahead and pitch my yeast tonight then add the energizer and nutrient tomorrow or should I just put the "wort" into the sanitized carboy and wait until tomorrow evening to add the yeast and the energizer and nutrient?
Proper nutrition is most important during the growth phase of fermentation where the yeast are getting used to their new environment (your wort) and propagating and gearing up their biological functions to best deal with their surroundings. If you are careful sealing the wort in a sanitary manner there is no harm in letting it sit until tomorrow when you can pitch all the fixins together as planned.
"I'm a glass half-empty kinda guy. When it's half full, that means you're filling it, like a bartender. When it's half-empty, that means you're drinking it. I'd much rather be drinking the beer than pouring it."
Hmm now I am conflicted. Would it make sense to leave it at a happy medium and pitch the yeast in the morning so there would only be a 12 hour delay on pitching the yeast and only like a 12 hour delay until the nutrients are added?