New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Particles in suspension in my yeast starter [pictures attached]

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
beauvafr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 189

Default Particles in suspension in my yeast starter [pictures attached]

I have stepped up my yeast starter I am now into second stage. The 2L starter have been chilling for about 4 days now. The particles have appeared in the second stage.

I will be brewing with this soon. I was planning to decant and I was also planning to leave away most of the wort in the process.

Should I be worried about the particles in suspension messing with my beer? Should I try to filter them?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
Cyclman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 289 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Hard to see the pictures, is that leftover kraeusen sticking to the sides? It may drop out as you chill.

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime! Bill Owen quote

Join the Beacon Point (Aurora, CO) Brewclub on Facebook- casual, fun brewing, drinking, socializing, visiting the great breweries / brewpubs in CO!

Old 05-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #3
beauvafr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclman
Hard to see the pictures, is that leftover kraeusen sticking to the sides? It may drop out as you chill.
Yes it is, and some particles. Don't think it will drop out tough.

Quick Reply