Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Oregon blackberry added... waiting...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
PotRoastMan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Oregon blackberry added... waiting...

I have a batch which finished primary, and then I poured a big can of Oregon Blackberry Puree into the primary. I have been expecting to see some (vigorous?) secondary fermentation, but so far nothing has happened and it's been 3 days. It has all settled into layers on the bottom, yeast on the bottom, then fruit, and beer on top of course.

Do I just need to RDWHAHB? This is my first fruit batch, but I expected something to happen by now! It's probably around 68 degrees, which has always been just fine for primary fermentation in about 10 other batches.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
Calder
Recipes 

Liked 307 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Did you take a gravity reading before adding the fruit? What is the gravity now? If it is the same or lower now, it is done.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:55 AM   #3
coypoo
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Definitely give it it's space. I did w RIS raspberries that turned out awesome except I bottled too early and its over carbonated now.

Rowdy Reptile Brewing
http://rowdyreptilebrewing.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply