Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > No Fermentation? Re Throw?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
klawdawg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default No Fermentation? Re Throw?

Brewed an American Stout all grain on Sunday and have yet to see any action. Starting gravity was right on at 52. Using Nottingham and had great results with same reciepe 6 months ago, this time had girlfriend rehydrate yeast. Normally I aerate with waft and sprinkle in dry. Temps are steady at 67f. Would it be rite to throw dry Nottingham at this point? Don't want to start over.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

The only "activity" that means anything is a hydrometer reading. Airlocks lie. If it's been 72 hours (as the stickey says it can take up to 72 hours for yeast to get going) take a grav reading.

An airlock is a valve, a vent, not a fermentation gauge...If it bubbles it just means that there's EXCESS co2 needing to be voided. You can have fermentation and it's not producing any extra co2 that needs to be vented....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
stubbornman
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 67

have you checked the gravity?

Old 06-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
klawdawg
Recipes 

Gravity is still at 1.056. I miss read my notes from Sunday, this is where it started.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

You did this sunday? I'd repitch then.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply