Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Lotta Starter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
benbradford
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 24 Posts

Default Lotta Starter

Brewing 36 Gallons tomorrow and it almost seems like the yeast preparation has taken more time than the brewing will. Started on Saturday with a 3 Gallon mash to make the wort for the starters... I actually have the expert assistance of the wife to do these things for me, so I suppose it was pretty easy for me in actuality.

The wort was a little low in gravity and it came in at 1.030.

Started a 4 liter starter for 15 gallons of Kolsch on stir plate on Sunday and ran for 24.

Did the same for a Hefe on Monday.

Finished the process on Tuesday for a Helles.

I upped the volume of starter from about 3.5 liter to 4 because the wort was a little low in gravity.

Have everything in the fridge to crash the yeast for minimum 24 hours before pitching tomorrow.

yeast.jpg  

I think it's too bad that everybody's decided to turn on drugs, I don't think drugs are the problem. Crime is the problem. Cops are the problem. Money's the problem. But drugs are just drugs.
Jerry Garcia

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply