Liquid Yeast Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazzydave

Reaction score
Hi i would like to know what liquid yeasts to order.
I want to make ag mild ales and lagers for next summer.
I will order from Beer Grains Supply Co.
Thanks Dave

i would order safale US - 05 and saflager 34-70. you can use the ale yeast in almost any style and the lager yeast has a very good reputation. no need for starters or aeration (although aeration certainly won't hurt).

i agree with the dry yeasts mentioned. if you want to use liquid, look at wlp830 and wlp029. 830 is a lager yeast that can be used at ale temps, and 029 makes a tasty kolsch or other very clean beer

Thank you coopers is all I can buy at the lhbs and at the price and time of ag I want to try better yeast.
Dave

Thank you coopers is all I can buy at the lhbs and at the price and time of ag I want to try better yeast.
Dave

yeah, i wouldn't use coopers but the other dry yeasts mentioned are as good as any liquid yeast you can get and after fermentation you have....liquid yeast :D if all you can get are liquid yeast, those are great too.

Thanks i will use the dry yeast and wash it to save money.From reading the forum i guessed i needed liquid yeast for clean crisp beer.
I havent made great beer yet and thats my goal .
At least not the first 2 after them my beer is great.
Dave

Back