New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > lagering temperature question-- fridge won't go below 42

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
bryanbibler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default lagering temperature question-- fridge won't go below 42

I bought a kegerator a few months back and have been using it to regulate fermentation temperature with a ranco temp controller in addition to using it to serve homebrews. I discovered earlier this week that the minimum temp the fridge ever seems to get down to is ~46°. I called the company who makes it and found out that the fridge thermostat is set to run at 44-48°. Using ice blocks, I can get the temp down to about 40-42°, which is much higher than desired for lagering.

my question is basically how this will affect my lager and the lagering process. I was planning to lager for 2 months, but I'm wondering if I should decrease that time since the temp is so much higher than 34°. Is this going to ruin/adversly affect my lager?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply