Lagering fridge went bad on Homebrew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankeebrewer

Reaction score
Yesterday my friends and I brewed a Maibock. My lagering fridge was working fine. I have a temp controller on the side and it was set at 50. I brought my batch home along with my buds and put them in the fridge at around 7pm. I came home today at noon to see my temp in the fridge was at 68. The fridge still runs, the freezer is cold, but the inside of the fridge is warm.

I took the 10 gallons out of the fridge and put them into my kegerator after hooking up the temp control on it. The yeast was going crazy at room temp but I still put it in the fridge.

So my question is.. will my beer be ok after dropping the temp in the first 24hrs.

Tough call. I don't think you will be able to tell until it is finished in a month or so. It also depends on the yeast. I have found that WL 840 is ok at above lager temps and WL 830 is not. My experience, and that is probably not your yeast anyway.

Back