Well had a great brew day, thoroughly sanitized everything, aerated well, and was only a 1.042 beer. Was expecting the fermentation to take off after having made a starter (Wyeast1007 German Ale) but absolutely nothing was happening by the 24 hour mark, so I shook up my fermenting bucket to try and get something going.
Well I was away for work and had my wife make my starter and when I was trying to find out what was going on we realized that she did not cool the starter wort in an ice bath but just left it sitting for 30 minutes to cool on its own.
So realizing the unfortunate circumstance of her killing the yeast in that hot bath I was planning on buying another yeast pack today to pitch in; but yesterday around the 40 hour mark to my surprise the airlock was going off really good, I guess somehow a few lucky ones survived!
So now for my question; do I still pitch in another pack to help out or do I wait and see if this thing attenuates, and if not all the way only then pitch again?