Keg fermenting question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agsensi

Reaction score
So kinda maybe stupid question can I put 2 week fermented beer into keg I guess as a secondary to free up fermenting bucket for another 2 weeks or so reason I'm asking going to be taking 2 kegs to party and would need to free buckets o be able to get next brew going in time for party. So I guess it would be called conditioning in keg? Correct me if I'm wrong I'm still a newb at this. Thanks for any help. Thanks.

I don't see why you can't, the first pint or two will be really yeasty. You can either begin carbing it or you can put a post on the keg with an airlock. I prefer to secondary most beers except for my hefeweizen. I usually primary about 3 weeks and then keg.

I ferment 5 gal batches in a 10 gal keg for 3-4 weeks, I then move it to a 5 gal keg for dryhopping or gelatin or just for a cold crash while the 10 gets filled with another batch, after about a week or so in the 5, the batch gets moved to its final keg. All racking is with co2.

Back