I tried washing some yeast and when I made a yeast starter from it, it never took off so I let it sit.
I think it got infected tho.
yum yum yummy yummmm!
I've never had an infection in my beer or yeast before, but this looks like a piece of my ciabatta bread lost in the back of the frig for a while. Without a sniff or taste I tossed it.
You definitely got an infected starter. I would dump it. That's some funky a** mold growing there!!!
Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy. - Frank Sinatra
Holy Mold, Batman. Dump it.
Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime! Bill Owen quote
Join the Beacon Point (Aurora, CO) Brewclub on Facebook- casual, fun brewing, drinking, socializing, visiting the great breweries / brewpubs in CO!
Thanks for the post tho I've never seen what mold would look like. Cool well yuck but cool.
Be sure to thoroughly clean your vessel.
We are only 10,000 years into beer... there are thousands of years left to go!
Things are bound to change!!Brewroom with HERMS buildFermentation chamber and Keezer.. a.k.a. FermKeezer