Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > I think I may have ruined my batch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
whackenstack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default I think I may have ruined my batch

I accidently top cropped my batch of AHB Summer Blond ale. I had a fermenter pretty full and had a beautiful kraussen going then I got home last night and found most of the yeast that was floating on the kraussen had blown off into my blow off tube. Is there any yeast left to ferment my brew I was brewing at a low temp 65F trying to go slow and I was only on my second day of fermentation when this happened. Is she ruined? Just check the atenuation and if it is not near final can I repitch more yeast?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 02:15 AM   #2
ffaoe
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 21

you're fine. theres plenty of yeast in suspension to finish the job

Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
worksnorth
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 96

+1 ffaoe
No worries and no need to repitch

Old 08-29-2012, 02:18 AM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2754 Times on 1650 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

There's billions of yeast cells left regardless.....It's a lot harder to "ruin" your beer than most new brewers realize.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #5
whackenstack
Recipes 

Default Thanks

thanks for belying my fears. I have had so many problems with this brew I have dubed her the cursed blonde ale. It has been 4 years since I brewed and I have moved 3 times and trying to souce all of my equipment and brew this sucker has driven me mad. BUT she shure looks and smells GREAT

Quick Reply