Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > I think I didn't used enough yeast, can I add more yeast?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
Odinperez
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default I think I didn't used enough yeast, can I add more yeast?

I usually made 10 lt batches of beer, wyeast recommends to increase the pitch if the gravity is higher and stuff like that, I had made the math for wyeast but this time I'm using Fermetis S-05. The pouch indicates one pouch for 20-30 litres so I used about 3/4 of the pouch. But now I think it wasn't enough. Can I add more yeast?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
helibrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Yes you can. Don't fear overpitching, it's actually hard to do. For dry yeast use the whole package, once it's opened you should use it all anyway.

Primary:
Brite Tank/Lagering:
Kegged: Hefeweizen, Chocolate Hazelnut Porter, Kumquat Saison, Tart Cherry Cider, Belgian Tripel, Maibock Bock, Ommegang Abbey Ale Clone, Belgian Golden Strong, German Pils (WLP830)
Bottled: Belgian Quad (Grand Reserve), Derangement (Belgian Dark Strong)
On Deck:
My Site: www.restlesscellars.com

Old 01-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
Photopilot
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 29

By the time you get around to repitching the yeast will probably grow to meet the needs if you underpitched and waited a day for results. Also for future, you should rehydrate a dry yeast before pitching. Keep a packet of dry yeast around in case you find a lack of activity in the future a day after pitching.

Quick Reply