Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Honey Quesiton

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
18DPA
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Honey Quesiton

I added 2 lbs honey to my primary fermenter 2 days after brew. I didn't take a SG at that point but I waited until the bubbles had slowed a bit to put it in. The bubbles just got slower and slower for 2 days and Now the airlock has been completely flat for 24 hours. Saturday will have been 1 week.

OG at brew was 1.049
SG today is 1.011

I didn't pasteurize, boil or do anything to the yeast because I wanted the flavor (today it tasted pretty good) and am not concerned about ABV.

Is all that honey just sitting on bottom in a dormant blob? Should I shake/Stir it up? I read a post that said the fermentation would do that for me.

The biggest thing I'm concerned about is my beer toast?

Thanks

De Oppresso Liber

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
pompeiisneaks
Why that human mask?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I would doubt that the honey wouldn't be touched, the yeast is mixed all over in the beer, it would find and eat any sugars it can in there. If your beer was still really cloudy when you put the honey in, I'd be willing to bet it did fine. You won't know for sure, though until you get done. If you're tasting the honey flavor in samples taken from the top, I'd be willing to bet you're fine.

Fermenting/Kegged/Bottled NONE :( I moved to the NW and haven't had time to setup my brew rig since! (but hey, I'm in the Pacific NW so there's so much awesome beer I don't need to brew it as much hah!

Last edited by pompeiisneaks; 03-25-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply