Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > hi help with youngs cider!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
gibbo1471
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default hi help with youngs cider!!!

hi there i have recently started a youngs homebrew cider kit last saturday it is currently in the fermentation bucket you can buy nad hasbeen since last saturday.
i have been getting constant hydrometer readings of 1.018for 3 days it says on the instruction to leave for 7 days or when fermentation has finished but htis reading is too high for one they give you to continue to the next stage says nees to be below 998.
It also looks very cloudy still even at the top so any ideas i had previously done a lager kit but that did not turn out well very cloudy.
Shall i leave it to ferment longer or maybe add some finnings to the ciderto help it clear thanks a bit stuck now thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply