Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Help Defining Yeast Rinsing Layers, British 1098

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #21
pabloj13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 90 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakebrewing View Post
good info. Im still left wondering how to proceed....

Should I mix the slurry up again and wait for it to resettle to gauge the results before rewashing?

Or should I simply dump the top two layers of dark murkiness and clear beer and retain the bottom creamy white layers?

Thanks
If a yeast flocs before the trub, simply allowing it to resettle won't do anything. Keep the creamy white layer. You don't have to get rid of the off-white layer. It won't hurt anything.

Kegged Two Hearted, Dragonmead Final Absolution
Bottled Robust porter, Founder's Breakfast Stout, Ommegawd Hellepin, Ed Wort's Apfelwein
RIP Snake Dog IPA, Biermuncher's OktoberFAST, Falconer's Flight IPA, Two-Hearted clone (Culturing Bell's Yeast), Noberon wheat, Skeeter Pee using dry yeast, Smooth Oatmeal Stout

Simple and easy wort aeration - Harvest yeast from your blowoff - Homebrew Spicy Mustard

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #22
Nablis
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had a similar experience with wy2007 lager yeast, I poured off the murky liquid, it still had some white yeast that settled out in the fridge, then i discarded the darker layer and saved the bottom white layer and recombined the two saved layers when I pitched.

I'm sure you will be fine either way, I was previously not washing my slurry cause I only rack clear beer to my fermenter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply