Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > A head at prime

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
badhabit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Default A head at prime

A friend called today concerned about a brew he bottled yesterday. He is building a British IPA from a kit with a liquid yeast. He reports that he followed the the fermentation instructions in the kit, a week in primary and 2 in secondary. He was concerned because when he added the boiled priming sugar (corn) the wort developed a small head almost instantly. He thinks that he got good fermentation in as much as he took hydro readings and ended up near expected G. I told him that I thought he may have just released some CO2 that built up but I am not sure that makes any sense since he moved the wort to a bottleing bucket from the secondary. I encouraged him in the future to add the priming to the bottling bucket more slowly and to add the wort on top durring the process not add the prime on top of the wort. Anybody have any other thoughts???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply