New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Harvesting Bottle Dregs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
Ailstock
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Default Harvesting Bottle Dregs

On my trip to San Diego I picked up a couple bottles of Crrokes Staves St. Bretta and Jester Kings das wunderkind saison.
My question is what would be the best way to harvest the yeast from these bottles?

With the Jester King there is Brett, Pedio, and Lacto. Is that a culture I can use my stir plate with or should I just let it be stagnant and firmer in a small wort?
And has anyone harvested from either of these brews before?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
tgmartin000
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Any luck on this? I've got about 5 bottles of jester king I'm going to harvest from.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:31 AM   #3
tgmartin000
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailstock View Post
On my trip to San Diego I picked up a couple bottles of Crrokes Staves St. Bretta and Jester Kings das wunderkind saison.
My question is what would be the best way to harvest the yeast from these bottles?

With the Jester King there is Brett, Pedio, and Lacto. Is that a culture I can use my stir plate with or should I just let it be stagnant and firmer in a small wort?
And has anyone harvested from either of these brews before?
Just to follow up on this, I harvested from a couple bottles of jester king. Used O2 and nutrient on a stir plate, with a 3 step starter. Got a crap load of yeast as a result, and had a ridiculous fermentation. I'm sitting at 0.995 right now.

Quick Reply