Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Furious clone - Secondary fermenter question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #21
Adaman05
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 7

My buddy and I had an extra bottle when we split our batch, so we decided to try it last night after two weeks in the bottle. Tastes great! Back to back to Furious, the bitterness and hop flavor is spot on, though the Furious has more malt backbone. I only expect my beer to get better with age. Pretty cloudy too due to the massive amount of dry hops, but I also expect time in the fridge to clear this up some. While not a bottle bomb, it IS very carbonated however. Pouring slowly into my glass, it produced so much foam that it was about 40 percent liquid to 60 percent foam. It took a while until was able to drink. Is there anything I can do at this point? Would uncapping them to let out CO2 and then recapping help? I currently don't mind waiting for all the foam to dissipate, but I plan on giving away a few bottles and I wan't them to be properly carbonated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #22
Farmerdude
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Awesome, thanks. My primary is a glass carboy, FYI. So a ten day dry hop with a 3 day cold crash could work. Could I cold crash for four days as well, which may be easier on our schedule. Just don't want grassy flavors from the hops.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply