*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Foam starting to come up through

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
seabrew8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Foam starting to come up through

The airlock, what should i do?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
jessup
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

use the search option and not create a thread about something so simple and common. really it's annoying! i did a search and found a TON of the same threads:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/gtsearch...2Ff163%2F#1342
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/ferm...airlock-74920/

Old 04-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
annasdadhockey
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabrew8 View Post
The airlock, what should i do?
Search "blow off tube"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessup View Post
use the search option and not create a thread about something so simple and common
A little harsh, dontcha think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Things are going great too. I think I've only punched her in the face 3 times!
FERMENTING: Heady Topper Clone?
CONDITIONING: 40 gallons KBS clone in a Jim Beam Barrel (since 11/24/12)
DRINKING: Smoked Robust Porter, Orange Coriander Pale Ale #5
THINKING: first foray into lagers?

Old 04-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
jessup
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

no offense, but common sense on a public forum would be nice. sure i could help, buy the OP could help himself much quicker and easier with a 3 second search.

we need a tutorial for the basics of using a message board. sorry to harsh your mellow but it's seriously annoying. watch what happens in the next "stalled fermentation" thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
seabrew8
Recipes 

Yeah i'm aware of the blowoff tube, i guess i'll have to come up with something. Someone mentioned putting a small hose down through the bung. Which seems like a good idea instead of buying a bigger one to just fit the whole hole.

I just dumped out the airlock and filled it up again.

btw i never did get this anti thread stuff. I've been a member of a few forums that went basically dead because the newbies where getting afraid i guess you can call it to ask what might be considered simple and get ripped on. I asked this simple question because i was about to do something about it right away. Not search around the forums.

Last edited by seabrew8; 04-13-2010 at 05:10 PM.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #6
Grizzlybrew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
we need a tutorial for the basics of using a message board. sorry to harsh your mellow but it's seriously annoying. watch what happens in the next "stalled fermentation" thread
This was my thought exactly. Instead of a "homebrewtalk.com" decal, they should prvide "a good noob will search" decals.

The real reason it gets annoying is that when everybody posts a new thread about the same situation, there are a ton of posts to search through if a noob is searching for an answer.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #7
suprchunk
Fich Eine Ente
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
no offense, but common sense on a public forum would be nice. sure i could help, buy the OP could help himself much quicker and easier with a 3 second search.

Proper punctuation, spelling/word choice and capitalization were thought to be common sense as well. But here we are, looking at whatever that is I quoted. Sure I could tell you what you did wrong, but a little of your money spent on a proper education would help you more than being spoon-fed.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
jessup
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybrew View Post
The real reason it gets annoying is that when everybody posts a new thread about the same situation, there are a ton of posts to search through if a noob is searching for an answer.
not many people actually do any searching. most people do the lazy thing and just make another meaningless post about something that's been gone over and over and over again. more times than not when i see a thread about a certain question, i can search and find the answer.

to the OP in this thread: sorry i didn't mean to be aggressive like i was. i should've used better tact and made my point a little more pleasantly. i bet next time you'll search for the answer first, though as for your questions i would just use the same tubing you use for racking and put that in your bung. at least that's what i do and it works fine. some hop residue might get in there but i've never had it get clogged. if you keep emptying your airlock and re-filling eventually your airlock will become completely clogged and it'll blow making one hellofa mess!

Last edited by jessup; 04-14-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Quick Reply