Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > First time brewing. Bitter taste out of Primary, is something wrong?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #11
msharki
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I just wanted to update this thread. This past weekend, I got the chance to bottle my Pumpkin Ale. I stole a sample before bottling and was pleasantly surprised. It tasted pretty damn good. That bitter taste is completely gone and for being room temperature flat beer it's perfectly drinkable. I bottled it priming with 2/3 cup brown sugar, so I hope everything goes well during conditioning. I had to abandon my idea of using lactose sugar during bottling. It does not behave like regular sugar and I could not get it to liquefy enough to mix properly. This is definitely a sugar that needs to be added during the boil. I'll update again after conditioning and let the board know how it turned out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply