Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > First Berliner Weisse, plastic taste normal?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
BrewBarron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default First Berliner Weisse, plastic taste normal?

Just transferred my first berliner weisse to a secondary after about 2-3 weeks. Started the fermentation with Lacto for about 24 hours, then pitched a european ale yeast. The gravity is around 1.010 right now, but I expect it to drop further over the next few weeks/months as the lacto keeps working. Ferm temps were around 68-70. Plan to age for months until the sourness is right.

Anyway, took a taste as I transferred and noticed that it was very thin and watery (as expected I guess because it is so young and because it only started out at about 1.034). But the thing I'm a little worried about is the plastic taste I picked up. Usually I know this is a bad thing and something that I've never really had a problem with, but, is this normal with a Lacto infected beer in the very early stages?

thanks for any input.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply