New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Fermentation temps after first week important?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
PaintedRat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Fermentation temps after first week important?

I live in an apartment with wild temperature swings throughout the day/night. I've been fighting for two years to keep temps where I want them, but weather and roommate work against me. I got a mini fridge and controller, but now I'm limited to one controlled fermentation at a time. I've got an Elderberry Wine in it right now, that's about a week and a half into primary. I just got the last of my supplies for my first stout attempt and I'm itching to brew.

My question is, at what point do the temperature fluctuations have a lesser affect on the flavor? Once the primary fermentation is slowed can I put the first fermenter back in the living room, and start my beer in the fridge or should I let primary finish in a controlled state? With a beer I wouldn't worry about waiting and extra week, but I've had wines bubble away for months.

Ignore me, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
kryolla
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

One week is good. Most beers are done in a week

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply