I'm just going to throw this out there to see what the majority would do.
I have an irish stout in primary (1.044 og), will have been there three weeks this Sunday. Recipe calls for 2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary. I'm heading out of town at the end of the 4 weeks stated. I'm trying to decide if I want to:
1) transfer to secondary after 3 weeks and leave 2 - 3 more weeks before I bottle.
2) leave it in primary until I get back and bottle (5-6 weeks in primary) or
3) Just bottle it this weekend (after 3 weeks primary) and be done with it.
I've seen all the "why do you want to secondary" stuff. I already know where I'm leaning, Just looking to see what most people would do in this situation.
Thanks, and happy brewing!!