New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Fermentation Heat Output Video comparison

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Timboosh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Fermentation Heat Output Video comparison

Alright - I know it's more or less "common knowledge" to a lot of folks on here, but I was bored and had the opportunity to provide a little video evidence of the "heat output"/byproduct of fermenting yeast.

I know for me, watching videos on u-toob really did a lot to peak my interest in brewing, so I thought if I could provide a little interest myself, why not??

It's not a perfectly scientific apples-to-apples comparison, as they're 2 different recipes/beer styles with 2 different yeasts, but I thought it was interesting. You can literally feel the difference in temp with your hand on the outside of the carboys.

FWIW, it's EdWort's Wounded knee IPA on the left, and "my" American Brown Ale recipe on the right (my first stab at my own recipe... if it doesn't suck I might put it in the recipe board).

Kegged - Bo's American Brown Ale (First Recipe)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
Scut_Monkey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

A good visual. I have never had a primary fermentation in glass so it's always cool for me to see how active it actually is during that phase. Nice post.

Prosted! (cause it's a common question around here)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply