Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Electric Pressure Cooker for Yeast-Making?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default Electric Pressure Cooker for Yeast-Making?

I'm tempted to pick up the Nesco PC6-25P pressure cooker off of Amazon for $70.

My apartment is small, but since I like rice and like slow cooking, this seems like it could be a pretty handy multi-tasker. Oh... and of course I'd use it for yeast propagation as well.

First off, yes, this Electric Pressure Cooker (EPC) does reach a full 15psi. That's the reason I'm considering it. Now my questions are:

Does anybody else use an EPC to sterilize lab equipment?

Would I be able to use this to can wort?

Any other cautions/tips/tricks/ideas would be welcome as well.

Also, would an electric one such as that be capable of distilling water? I mean, could you collect the output somehow?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
ArcLight
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 48

This is a bit bigger:

http://www.amazon.com/Presto-01781-2...=IEYJTF15CAJPO

It could be used for preparing starters and storing them in jars for use months later.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply