Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Does fermcap prevent blowoffs?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
jmp138
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Does fermcap prevent blowoffs?

I have been pitching really healthy, big quantities of yeast and getting lots of blowoffs. I just started using fermcap and I'm not getting as violent of a fermentation anymore, does fermcap cause this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Yes it does.

Quote:
Fermcap-S Foam Inhibitor: Prevent boil overs on the hot side, add a few drops per gallon for a nice rolling boil. On the cold side, Fermcap keeps the krausen in your fermenter to 1/2 an inch. Allows you to brew slightly larger quantities in your existing fermentation vessels. Use only two drops per gallon at the start of fermentation. Used in the fermenter, it increases the bitterness of your beer (retained IBUs) by about 10%! Comes with dropper lid. Enough for about 20 batches.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-08-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 93

I was just asking about this:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/defoamer-drops-140307/

Quick Reply