Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > A couple of Newbie Yeast Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
adejesus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default A couple of Newbie Yeast Questions

I started brewing a batch of Apfelwein last friday and its bubbling maybe 1 bubble every 5-10sec is this ok? I was talking to a co-worker who does wine and said that it would bubble a lot faster than this, should I worry? Can I and should I add yeast nutrients? or is it too late in the fermentation process to add it now? My last question is I plan to let the Apfelwein go for 3 months in my carboy should there be bubbles in the airlock for the whole 3 months or will they stop but fermentation will continue? Thanks in advance to help anyone that helps with these newbie questions.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
frazier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Just let it go. Don't worry about the bubble rate. In a few weeks, it will gradually stop. Then just let it sit until it clears. No worries!

~
"Anything worth doing, is worth doing slowly." ~~ Mae West

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply