Continued conditioning after gelatin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcmobrewer

Reaction score
So I'm at a bit of an impasse. I just kegged my 18% ABV IPA. I would like to to continue conditioning but preferably in bottles. I fine almost all my brews with gelatin.

I am considering either just putting it on the gas and letting it go for a few weeks. However, this is not my preferred method.

I would rather, carb it and fine it with gelatin. Let it sit until it clears all the way, then bottle and condition there.

My question is, is there still enough yeast in suspension after gelatin to clean up anything it left behind? Or is my only option to let it sit for a few weeks in the kegerator or just let it condition at room temp in the keg?

Thanks for any advice! :)

I just loosely followed a couple dogfish head 120 minute clones. Simple google search will show a bunch of recipes :)

Thank you for the tip. I may do that. It's still pretty hot with alcohol though, so some cold conditioning may be in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back