New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Carbonated fermenting brew

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
NewlandsBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Carbonated fermenting brew

Hi all,

After a quick search reveled no answers pls feel free to bin this if there are existing threads on this beginner topic.

I've just finished making my second all grain beer. The first was an APA that came out great (IMHO). The latest brew is a light honey ale. I aimed for a about 25 IBU bitterness and dry hopped with Armerello hops and added honey to the fermenter just before I pitched the yeast. I stired in a jar of honey.

The fermenting beer is now 1 week old and sitting at about 1015. What's confusing me is the carbonation. It looks great, smells great but why is it fizzy. As fizzy as a light sparkling wine. I don't recall my first beer tasting fizzy when I tasted it during the fermentation.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #2
el_caro
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Give it time to finish fermentation.
I generally never touch my brew until 2 weeks after pitching.

What you do not see and taste, you do not worry about.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #3
NewlandsBrew
Recipes 

Thanks for the advice. I read a thread here that said it's important to taste your brew from start to finish. To understand what's happening to it etc. Just wanted to check it's not a common effect of using honey and that the beer is A OK

Old 06-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #4
dinnerstick
have never been to azerbaijan
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 152 Posts
Likes Given: 17

indeed, just let it do its thing. the liquid becomes super saturated with CO2 as it ferments. the result is some fizziness as that CO2 comes out of solution on your tongue, in a glass, or as it warms a couple degrees.

Quick Reply