New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Brewing cider in thailand -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
happyrat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brewing cider in thailand -

Hhey guys, i am living in chiang mai at the moment, the weather is perfect for cider, i can seem to find any though, so what better excuse than to start brewing my own cider, right ?

i have ran into a few problems, problem one is i down have a valve for my drum, i think i should be able to make shift one

and problem 2 is i cant find and champagne yeast, or any other kind of brewing yeast, if anyone knows of any alternatives or anywhere i could buy these items in chiang mai, it would be greatly appreciated,

cheerio.

peter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
daksin

Recipes 

Liked 267 Times on 234 Posts
Likes Given: 321

Well, an airlock isn't super necessary, but if you can make a makeshift one that would be best. Once it's totally done fermenting, you can pretty much just cover it up while it ages. As for yeast, dry yeast is available online and is very cheap to ship so that really would be best, but if that's not an option, bread yeast makes a decent mead- not sure how it would work in cider but you could give it a try. Another option may be to find a bottle conditioned beer and grow up some yeast from the bottom of that bottle and save it each time you make a batch.

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I'm opening up!

twitter.com/twokidsbrewing .. facebook.com/twokidsbrewing .. twokidsbrewing.com

Old 11-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
JKaranka
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Wouldn't you just use the natural yeast on the apples when you press them?

Quick Reply