Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > big temp fluctuation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
monty3777
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default big temp fluctuation

I brewed two extract kits and started fermenting in an environment that was about 68*

I though I had the temp under control but I realize that somewhere about a week into things the temp in the basement fell - and my space heater which I use to keep the temps constant wasn't working properly.

I'm almost sure that the fermentation process ended before the temp dropped - however, I wonder if there will be any problems with this beer?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
devaspawn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

There shouldn't be any problems, really. I'd check to see if it fully attenuated. If it did, you've essentially been lagering if the temps got low enough. If not, then you just helped it clear quicker. If it hasn't finished fermenting, bring it back up to about 70 and give it a little stir to get the yeast back up in the wort.

Prim 1: Ogre's House Red Ale
Prim 2: Apfelwein

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply