Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > belgian tripel fermenting

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
milehighsuds
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Yeah i was worried about the yeast handling it because i didnt make a starter. learned alot from this brew and going to be changing a few things next go around.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
milehighsuds
Recipes 

Just tried the first bottle, good stuff. its still a bit "green" as its only been in the bottle for about 3 weeks i had to try it. light banana/clove aroma nice mouth feel to it can barely notice the coriander, just enough. great head on it, lacy two fingers. Im very pleased with the way it came out. Just need to get some more thoughts on it, going to be taking it to some local clubs/shops for a second opinion. I will be brewing again with a few changes.(Huge starter, and add sugar at end of boil)
cheers

Old 05-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 366 Times on 299 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
i am going to be adding sugar to the primary once it slows some more, probably tomorrow, friday. Should i pitch some yeast at that point and or yeast nutrient with the sugar?
Just add the sugar. I have done that with several brews and it works just fine. The yeast multiplies during the first part of fermentation and eats up a good portion of the fermentable sugars in the wort. When you add the sugar the yeast goes on another feeding frenzy. Be prepared for blow off, so make sure you have a tube in place. About 30 minutes after adding the sugar it will go crazy again.

Quick Reply