Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Arrogant Bastard clone ready for bottling after long/slow fermentation?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
JLW
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Arrogant Bastard clone ready for bottling after long/slow fermentation?

I posted my concern with this beer a few weeks back what seemed to be a really slow fermemntation duration.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/nev...-5-sec-225477/

It took three weeks for it to hit terminal gravity. Recipe called for FG of 1.020 it finally hit 1.018 last week sometime. The other interesting observation was that the krausen never dropped and it was still gassing off at a steady pace the day I transfered.

I transfered this beer to secondary for dry hopping last Sunday (1/30) and moved it to colder room. Drank the sample and it tasted fine. This beer has been fermenting for four weeks.

I think it would be ok to bottle this beer this weekend but I'm also willing to wait another week if needed. I don't think it needs any more conditioning and I don't think bottle bombs would be a concern since the teminal gravity was lower than what the recipe called for.

This was a good lesson in patience. Batch 2 on brew day behaved differently than batch 1, hit terminal gravity quicker and the krausen dropped when expected. Same ingredients, same brew methods. I wish I could have don this type of science experiement in high school!

Last edited by JLW; 03-04-2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Add one final thought

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
jbrookeiv
Beer Review Dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would just check the gravity today and again in 3 days, if it's the same, bottle away!

My Beer Review Blog: Beer Review Dude
My Craft Beer Social Network: Craft Beer Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Belgian Pale Ale w. Brett | Saison | Mango Pulp Wine | Graff, 10 gal

Bottled / Kegged: Hopped Imperial Wheat | AK47 Pale Mild, BIAB | AHS 20th Anniv. IPA, No Chill | Apfelwein
Leftover IIPA, No Chill | All-Molasses Ale | BIAB Black IPA | BIAB Hoppy Stout | JAOM | RyePA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply