another repitch thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkrausen

Reaction score
I brewed a belgian quad from Williams Brewing just over 3 weeks ago that came with Wyeast 1762 and came out to 1.100. There were 3 bags of brewing sugar that it said to add to the boil. I just took a reading and it is only down to 1.033. The kit projected the OG at 1.094 and a FG of 1.028. I think the yeast has tuckered out so I guess I'll run to the brew shop and see about getting some more yeast to finish the job. It did come with some Lalvin ec-1118 to add when bottling, but I think I should save it for that. Next time I will definitely try adding the sugar in stages like I've heard a lot of people advocating when making big beers. Just kind of wondering what some of you would do if/when faced with this?

WHAT????????

Leave it!

LEAVE IT LEAVE IT LEAVE IT.

5 points?

May be a slight bit maltier, but what will you add?

If those yeast are poopered, any other regular yeast will fall in to that alcohol bath and go coma too.

Champagne or super high gravity yeast?

You will totally change the beer.

Hands off the panic button.

You sound like a candidate for intentionally breaking a hydrometer.

Well my main concern was bottle bombs. I didn't want to go through all this trouble and then not be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor months down the road. Also, what if i used a neutral yeast strain?

Back