The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Alternative to Bruery Yeast for Autumn Maple Clone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
lastsecondapex
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Alternative to Bruery Yeast for Autumn Maple Clone?

I am wondering if anyone has a good alternative to The Bruery's house yeast for an Autumn Maple clone.

I need a Belgian strain with 85-95% attenuation and phenolics on the cleaner side. I would just step up some of their yeast, but I cannot get Bruery beers in South Carolina.

Or, if anyone has a reserve of Bruery's house yeast that they stepped up- pm me, I'd gladly pay for shipping/handling!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
zandrsn
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Also interested in this...

Barrel-aging: Clamberskull's Revenge RIS
Bottled: Winter is Coming RIS,La Mort Rouge Grand Cru Flanders Red, Northern Soul Imperial Brown Ale, Roncevaux 9 Quad, Squeeze my Lemon Summer Ale, North Woods ESA, Porch Days Earl Grey Ale, Sol Invictus Clementine Melomel, Fall's Ephemera Apple Witbier, Graf of Gilead, Solstice Moon Blueberry Melomel

Old 10-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
zandrsn
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Also, just for your information, I'm planning on using WLP550 in a beer inspired by Autumn Maple. I have read that the Bruery brewer recommends WLP570 for clones of their Rugbrod, and from what I understand they have one house culture for all of their beers, so you could also go with that. After reading up on WLP550 it seemed to be the best match for my brew though.

Barrel-aging: Clamberskull's Revenge RIS
Bottled: Winter is Coming RIS,La Mort Rouge Grand Cru Flanders Red, Northern Soul Imperial Brown Ale, Roncevaux 9 Quad, Squeeze my Lemon Summer Ale, North Woods ESA, Porch Days Earl Grey Ale, Sol Invictus Clementine Melomel, Fall's Ephemera Apple Witbier, Graf of Gilead, Solstice Moon Blueberry Melomel

Old 10-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
lastsecondapex
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 4

As an update, I did culture some Bruery yeast from an old Orchard White I traded for. I'll probably brew in the next few weeks, so anyone wanting my washed yeast, let me know and I'll ship some for the price of shipping.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
TNGabe
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2144 Times on 1453 Posts
Likes Given: 2107

What recipe did you go with? And yeah, I'd love some yeast. I don't want to do a clone, but thinking of doing an Appalachian version with sorghum syrup and Spanish Red sweet potatos. Bruery beers are in NC next time you head to Asheville. Autumn Maple and Oud Tart were on tap this weekend

Quick Reply