Altec 24 turbo yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilph

Reaction score
I have a very important wedding to attend in less than 2 weeks. I actually forgot that I promised the happy cuple a batch of beer as a gift... What are your thoughts on using this super turbo yeast? It will be done in 2 days, in which time I can bottle it and have a finnished product by the wedding day. But, to what avail? What are the implacations of rushing a fermentation?

i hear that turbo yeast makes it tastle like some prison ****. if you make a starter and add nutrients. it should be done fermenting in a week or less. (make sure to check the gravity). If you have 10 days or so, don't worry about it. Just bottle it the day of the wedding. It would kinda be cool to have the beer as a present to drink on the 1 year anniversary.

turbo yeast is good for those that distill spirits, not good for a beer at all. brew an english mild, pitch a decent starter and control fermentation temps, beg borrow or steal kegging equipment and force carb that baby, if you are careful you can have the beer ready in 10 days, bottle off the tap, cap and your gift is ready!

You can brew a basic brown with Nottingam and bottle it in a week, it'll be ready after a week as well.

You can also buy a store brand with blank bottle caps and soak off the labels and nobody will be the wiser.

edit: in other words. avoid turbo yeast.

Back