Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Adding cane sugar later in fermentation?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
Rambleon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Adding cane sugar later in fermentation?

I'm about to brew a Saison tomorrow and the recipe calls for one pound of cane sugar. With other batches that have called for cane sugar I've added it later when fermentation seemed to slow a bit so the yeast wouldn't tire themselves out on the simple sugars. I'll be using Wyeast French Saison (3711), however. This yeast is an animal and my previous experiences with this yeast tells me it will have no problem eating the sugar if added into the boil. Any thoughts on this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
olz431
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

You are probably plenty safe throwing it into the boil, its easier than boiling a cup or two of water and sanitizing stuff to dump it into the fermenter.

Mmmmmmm BEER.
Primary 1: Citrarillo IPA
Primary 2: Big Baltic Porter
Primary 3: Full Nelson Pale Ale
Secondary 1/ Primary 4: Rochefort 9
Primary 5:
Bottled: Zombie Dust, Yoopers House Ale, DFH 90 clone, Two Hearted Ale, Dead Guy, Dundalk Irish Heavy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply