Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > AC going to be shut off

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #11
rico567
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Beer can be fragile and vulnerable......but not as much as it's sometimes made out to be. We tend to be so careful about matters of sanitization and temperature control when fermenting that we tend to become a bit "overprotective."

Cases in point:

I transported a six of several styles on an airplane cross-country, the bottles in gallon ziploc bags. The beer tasted the same at the destination as it had at home, and as the rest of it did when we got home.

My son, headed overseas, brought the rest of a batch of porter (in swing-tops) cross country under the back floor of his SUV, over a couple of days. Let it settle down for a week, chilled it, and it was terrific.

I think other people could chime in here with similar events that demonstrate that beer can be pretty robust. It sounds to me like your beer is pretty far along in the fermentation process; I'm thinking it'll be fine for a few days.

“Malt does more than Milton can / To justify God’s ways to man”

-A. E. Housman (1859–1936). A Shropshire Lad , 1896.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply