Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > Trade - WTT 2012 whole cone hops in the Portland area

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
SiriusStarr
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 106 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 93

Default Trade - WTT 2012 whole cone hops in the Portland area

Hi all,

I have a friend who grows hops commercially (most for the BMCs) and he has supplied me with far more than I could ever hope to use in time, so I'm trying to make sure that the extra doesn't go to waste. I have the following available for trade, preferably for other varietals (pellets or leaf, I'm not picky, and doesn't have to necessarily be and oz for an oz). All are whole cone, from this year (2012), picked and dried as is standard commercially, and have been stored in zip lock bags with the air squeezed out in the freezer literally from within a few hours of picking (not quite as good as vacuum sealing, but they should still be in very good shape). I do not know the exact alpha acid percents, unfortunately.

14 oz Nugget (high alpha, excellent storage properties)
5 oz Mt Hood (low alpha, noble aroma, great Hallertau replacement)
6 oz Sterling (moderate alpha, very Saaz-like)
6 oz Super Galena (super high alpha, excellent storage properties, great general bittering hop)

Anyways, if you're in the Portland, OR area and are interested in any of these, let me know. I'm an IPA soul, so I tend to like things like Cascade (I looooovveee Cascade), CTZ, Chinook, Citra, Simcoe, etc. but let me know whatever you have. 2012 is obviously preferred.

Bottled: Nothing! D:
Planned: Pliny clone. Brett cider. More 7 Stairs Pale Ale.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply